Coffee and I have had an on again/off again relationship in the past. Junior year of college I was drinking 3-4 cups a day and could PTFO as soon as my head hit the pillow even if I drank a cup at 6 PM before starting homework. These days, coffee is more of a treat. However, some days, when I’m anticipating a never ending to-do list, I need a little help.
Inspired by Bulletproof coffee, here’s my recipe for a frothy, power fueled cup of joe that won’t leave you tweaking out. Cold brewing your coffee reduces the acidity. The fat helps your body process the caffeine better and cacao is a great source of magnesium to keep you calm!
- 1 cup of hot cold brewed coffee (I brew mine in a French press in the fridge for 24+ hours)
- 1 tsp of cacao powder (the raw form of cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp grass fed butter (grass fed is a must – you get dense nutrition from the grass the cow ate)
- 1 tsp coconut oil or MCT oil
- A dash of maple syrup or stevia
- 1 scoop of collagen (this is what creates the dreamy froth and it’s great for your hair, skin, nails, and sealing the lining of your gut!)
Put everything in the blender and blend for 20ish seconds. Serve in a mug.
Best enjoyed slowly, with no pants on, while setting your intentions for a great day!
PS this makes a great healthy hot chocolate too – just sub coffee for warm almond milk 🙂